Comment on page
The syntax below applies to all SNS namespaces, for example
.gmand so on, plus all future namespaces.
New names can be minted (inscribed for the first time) as ordinals with only a Bitcoin transaction. This process is open to anyone that can inscribe.
Advanced registration allows users to add additional data to a name using JSON5 syntax. The format is optional for registration.
Updating names: Avatar, Relay, and Reverse Resolution (rev) will have update operations in the future. There are some complexities related to making updates safe and reliable that will require new inscription tools. Once those are widely available and tested, we will release the syntax!
These rules apply to all namespaces and names:
- Only the first instance of each name/namespace is valid.
- Only one name operation per ordinal inscription.
- Any UTF-8 character is valid.
- Capitalization does not matter. All names/namespaces will be indexed as lowercase.
- No spaces are permitted within a name.
- Only one period permitted within a name.